- Special Award from the Autism Society for helping pass the 2011 Autism Bill, for which she was the lead sponsor.
Left to right: Christina Fair, President of the Autism Society, Delegate Barbara Evans Fleischauer, and Beth Goss, Vice-President of the Autism Society
WV Association for Justice Legislator of the Year Award 2011: The West Virginia Association for Justice presented Del. Barbara Evans Fleischauer (D-Monongalia) with its Legislator of the Year award at the association’s annual convention in Charleston on June 2, 2011. The award was presented to Delegate Fleischauer in recognition of her work to protect West Virginia consumers.
Left to right: Paul Ferrell, incoming President of the WV Association of Justice, Delegate Barbara Evans Fleischauer, and Mike Romano, President, WV Association of Justice
- Star Award 2010 for Support: The Honorable Barbara Evans Fleischauer was awarded the Star Award for her persistent support of legal services funding in the West Virginia Legislature. Delegate Fleischauer was instrumental in ensuring that, even in the toughest budget years, funding for legal services to domestic violence victims was secured. She is passionate about making sure domestic violence victims had the legal and advocacy tools to break free of the cycle of violence.
- Chuck Chambers Public Service Award 2010: The Honorable Barbara Evans Fleischauer received the top environmental award from the West Virginia Environmental Council(WVEC). She was recognized for her ability to identify key environmental problems, examine policies from other states, produce innovative solutions and draft legislation to solve the problems when many were afraid to touch. Through her leadership, many of the bills she introduced became key legislative priorities for WVEC.
- Received the Si Galperin In Defense of Democracy Award 2009 by West Virginia Citizen Action Group for having a history of taking a courageous stand on issues. Delegate Fleischauer was recognized for her tireless work to promote health care reform, women"s issues, education, environmental protection, consumer protection, campaign finance reform and social justice.
- Bounce Back Award (2006)
- Certificate of Exceptional Merit from the Alliance for Children and Co-Sponsors (April 2004)
- Legislator of the Year Award by West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. (2004)
National Association of Social Workers - Legislator of the Year Award (2003)
Angel Award (2002)
- West Virginia Public Health Association, Dental Section Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of outstanding support, assistance, and dedication to the ideals of Public Health Dentistry (2002).
- Governor's Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contribution to the Family Violence Coordinating Council (1999)
- WV FREE Award for Legislative Courage and Leadership in the Protection of Reproductive Freedom (1998).
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers - President's Award for Legislative Service (1997).
- WV Office of Emergency Services, Federal Emergency Management Agency Charter Member of the Honorable Order of the Muddy Boot for dedicated serviced and commitment to the citizens of West Virginia during the floods of 1996 (1996).
- Farm Resource Center Volunteer of the Year Award (1996)
- WV Troopers Association Appreciation Award in recognition and appreciation of outstanding performance and dedication. (1996)
- Friends of Kids Honor Roll selected by the Coalition for West Virginia's Children based on Key voting record , Legislation introduced, Leadership, Research and Accessibility/Responsiveness as a Legislator (1996).
- Corma Mowrey Memorial Award by the West Virginia Education Association (1994)
- WV FREE Certificate of Appreciation for courage and conviction in the preservation of reproductive freedom for the women of West Virginia (1994).